Diesel and gasoline-fueled internal combustion engine heavy, medium, and light duty vehicles are required to transport people, food, industrial materials, and manufactured products. These vehicles:
- emit greenhouse gases causing climate change
- emit toxic pollutants having an adverse health effect
- generate objectionable noise that society must live with
- are low efficiency and use high cost fuels
- result in the importation of high cost fuels from foreign nations
- incur high maintenance costs
All-electric battery vehicles are high efficiency, low maintenance vehicles, and provide a solution to the problems of internal combustion engine vehicles and reduce operating and maintenance costs.
The use of electricity also presents the opportunity to use renewable resource-based zero carbon electricity which reduces the need to combust petroleum -based fuels and coal in central station power plants, further reducing the emissions of pollutants and climate changing greenhouse gases further improving livability of communities.